“At Top 500 FSRs, chicken sandwiches and wraps totaled 413 items listed at 176 chains as of 2011; although this reflects a slight dip in menu items over the past couple of years (down from 432 offerings in 2009), chicken sandwiches remain overwhelmingly prevalent and outpace the second most-frequently menued sandwich variety, turkey, by hundreds of items.”
Technomic, Sandwich Consumer Trend Report, 2012.
Crispy Pierce Chicken® Country Style Chicken Tenderloin Fritters dressed with a jalapeño tequila aioli, spicy pickle relish, shredded cheese and crisp lettuce wrapped in a flour tortilla.
|Pierce Chicken® Country Style Chicken Tenderloin Fritters (Code #13617)||5 pounds (1 bag)|
|Jalapeño tequila aioli (recipe provided)||3 cups|
|Flour tortillas (10 inch), warmed||24 each|
|Monterey Jack cheese, shredded||3 cups (12 ounces)|
|Leaf lettuce||2 heads (48 pieces)|
|Tomatoes||4 medium (24 slices)|
|Spicy pickle relish (recipe provided)||3 cups|
To make one serving:
- Fry 2 Country Style Chicken Tenderloin Fritters in deep fryer at 350°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F; drain.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons jalapeño tequila aioli in center of tortilla.
- Layer with 2 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese, 2 lettuce leaves, 1 slice tomato, 2 Country Style Chicken Tenderloin Fritters and 2 tablespoons spicy pickle relish.
- Fold up the bottom and the top; roll in sides of tortilla over filling. Cut in half at a 45-degree angle to serve.
JALAPEÑO TEQUILA AIOLI
|Jalapeño peppers, seeded, minced||⅔ cup|
|Agave syrup||2 tablespoons|
|Lime juice||2 tablespoons|
Makes 3 cups:
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate until service.
SPICY PICKLE RELISH
|Dill pickles, ¼-inch dice||1½ cups|
|Pickled jalapeños, ¼-inch dice||1½ cups|
Makes 3 cups:
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.