"The number of chicken burgers on restaurant menus increased 60 percent from January–March 2012 to January– March 2013 "
Technomic, “Where’s the Beef? Operators Highlight Chicken, Turkey and Veggie Burgers.” March 2013.
Grilled Pierce Chicken® Fillet with sweet onion relish, Monterey Jack cheese and fried green tomatoes on a soft cornmeal-dusted roll.
|Green tomatoes, medium, ¼-inch slice||24 each|
|Eggs, beaten||12 each|
|Cornmeal, fine ground||3 cups|
|Pierce Chicken® Fillet (Code #13750), thawed||24 each|
|Monterey Jack cheese, sliced||24 slices|
|Sweet onion relish (recipe provided)||3 cups|
|Kaiser rolls, toasted||24 each|
|Leaf lettuce||24 each|
|Cajun mayonnaise (recipe provided)||1½ cups|
To make one serving:
- Dip 4 green tomato slices in beaten egg; dredge in cornmeal.
- Fry tomato slices in deep fryer at 375°F for 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook 1 Chicken Fillet on a hot grill for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F.
- Top Chicken Fillet with 1 slice Monterey Jack cheese while still on the grill; let stand 30 to 60 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Spread 2 tablespoons sweet onion relish on bottom roll; layer with cheese-topped Chicken fillet, fried green tomatoes and lettuce leaf.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Cajun mayonnaise on cut side of roll top; place on top of sandwich.
SWEET ONION RELISH
|Yellow onion, peeled, ¼-inch dice||3¾ pounds|
|Olive oil||6 tablespoons|
|Black pepper||1 tablespoon|
Makes 3 cups:
- Sauté onion in oil in a large saucepan for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add bourbon, water, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onion is caramelized.
|Cajun seasoning||6 tablespoons|
|Lemon juice||2 teaspoons|
Makes 1½ cups:
- Combine mayonnaise, Cajun seasoning and lemon juice in a small bowl. Refrigerate until service.