“Mediterranean food encapsulates several trends ranging from healthy options to powerful flavors and customization. It has seen a 11.3% growth on restaurant menus over the last five years.”
FSD, "The Next Hot Ethnic Cuisine: Mediterranean", January, 2017.
Sautéed Pierce Chicken® Skinny Dip’n Chik’n Naked Boneless Wings served over warm angel hair pasta with a garlic, olive and pine nut tapenade sauce.
|Pierce Chicken® Skinny Dip’n Chik’n™ Naked Boneless Wings (Code #40052)||7½ pounds (120 pieces)
(Approx. 1½ bags)
|Olive oil||3 cups|
|Roasted red peppers, diced, drained||3 quarts|
|Tapenade sauce (recipe provided)||6 quarts|
|Angel hair pasta or spaghetti, cooked||7½ pounds (24 cups)|
|Pine nuts, toasted||1½ cups|
To make one serving:
- Sauté 5 pieces Skinny Dip’n Chik’n Naked Boneless Wings in 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet for 5 to 8 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F.
- Add ½ cup red peppers; sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in 1 cup tapenade sauce; cook for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Add 1 cup cooked pasta; toss to combine.
- Garnish with 1 tablespoon pine nuts.
|Pimiento-stuffed olives, drained, chopped||9 cups|
|Garlic, peeled, minced||¾ cup|
|Olive oil||¾ cup|
|Dry white wine||9 cups|
|Butter, unsalted||6 cups|
|Heavy cream||3 cups|
Makes 6 quarts:
- Sauté olives and garlic in oil in a stockpot for 5 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- Add white wine; cook over high heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until wine is reduced by half.
- Whisk in butter slowly until emulsified.
- Add cream; stir until combined.
- Hold warm for service.