“Flavor blends are gaining favor. It’s worth noting that fl avor blends that combine sweet fruits with herbs or spices hold strong potential for application in sauces, salsas and other toppings.”
Technomic, “Flavor Report: Four Takeaways for Fast Casual Restaurants”, November 2013
Tequila and lime-braised Pierce Chicken® Funny Bones® topped with habanero-mango chutney and fresh cilantro.
|Agave syrup||6 cups|
|Lime juice||3 cups|
|Ground cumin||¼ cup|
|Chili powder||¼ cup|
|Pierce Chicken® Funny Bones® 8 Piece (Code #41270)||10 pounds (2 bags)|
|Mango chutney (recipe provided)||3 cups|
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place Funny Bones in two hotel pans coated with cooking spray; pour agave syrup mixture over Funny Bones.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; bake for 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F.
- Serve Funny Bones with cooking sauce and 2 tablespoons mango chutney.
|Mangos, fresh, peeled, ¼-inch dice||3 cups|
|Cilantro, fresh, minced||2 tablespoons|
|Lime juice, fresh||2 tablespoons|
|Habanero, seeded, minced||1 teaspoon|
Makes 3 cups:
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Refrigerate until service.