“These days everyone wants to eat healthy but still keep their mealtime favorites. So it’s no surprise that chicken pizza is featured on 20% of restaurant menus. Moreover, the menu mention of chicken pizza has consistently gone up since 2005 and has grown in menu penetration by nearly 42% in just the past 10 years.”
Source: Datassential MenuTrends, 2015.
A cheesy white pizza topped with artichokes, fresh tomato and Pierce Chicken® Spinach Chicken Dip.
|Pierce Chicken® Spinach Chicken Dip (Code #17821)||3 quarts|
|Pizza dough, ½-pound portions||24 each|
|Artichoke hearts, canned, drained, rough chop||3 cups|
|Mozzarella cheese, shredded||3 quarts|
|Tomato, ¼-inch dice||3 cups|
|Green onion, ⅛-inch dice||1½ cups|
Pre-baked pizza crusts or flatbread may be substituted in place of fresh dough.
To prepare 1 pizza:
- On a work surface lightly dusted with semolina flour; stretch ½-pound dough ball to 10-inch diameter.
- Par-bake pizza crust for 5 to 7 minutes at 450°F; remove from oven and spread ½ cup Pierce Chicken® Spinach Chicken Dip evenly across crust leaving ½-inch border.
- Evenly top with 2 tablespoons artichoke hearts, ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, and 2 tablespoons diced tomato.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
- Garnish with 1 tablespoon diced green onion