Attract customers who are looking for familiar foods with an ethnic influence.
Golden fried wontons filled with a savory pulled Pierce Chicken® Chicken Gourmet Deli Salad and scallions served with a sweet Asian zing sauce.
|Cream cheese, softened||2½ pounds|
|Pierce Chicken® Chicken Gourmet Deli Salad (Code #17801), thawed||5 cups|
|Green onions, sliced thin||1⅔ cups|
|Red onion, peeled, minced||⅔ cup|
|Apple onion compote (recipe provided)||⅔ cup|
|Soy sauce||⅔ cup|
|Garlic, peeled, minced||⅓ cup|
|Wonton wrappers (4-inch squares)||2½ (12-ounce) packages (125 each)|
|Sweet chili sauce (recipe provided)||6¼ cups|
- Mix the cream cheese, Chicken Gourmet Deli Salad, green onions, red onion, soy sauce and garlic in a large mixing bowl, using the paddle attachment, until combined.
- Place 2 tablespoons chicken filling in center of a wonton wrapper.
- Moisten wrapper edges with water. Fold one corner diagonally over filling to form a triangle; press edges to seal.
- Repeat with remaining wontons, covering with a damp cloth to prevent drying out.
- Store wontons in freezer until service.
To make one serving:
- Fry 5 wontons in deep fryer at 375°F for 4 minutes or until golden brown; drain.
- Serve with ¼ cup sweet chili sauce on the side.
SWEET CHILI SAUCE
|Soy sauce||1¼ cups|
|Rice wine vinegar||⅔ cup|
|Sambal sauce, prepare||⅔ cup|
Makes 6¼ cups:
- Whisk all ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat until smooth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat; refrigerate until service.