“Chicken is the most featured protein menued on Sandwiches (83%) and Wraps (80%), respectively, according to recent research by Food Genius, a provider of research and insight solutions to the Food Industry.”
FastCasual.com. “Chicken is the top protein found on sandwiches, wraps,” December 2013.
Brie cheese, fresh arugula and a savory onion and apple compote top a grilled Pierce Chicken® Fillet served on a toasted brioche roll.
|Pierce Chicken® Fillet (Code #13750), thawed||24 each|
|Brie cheese, ¼-inch-thick slices||2¼ pounds (72 slices)|
|Brioche rolls, toasted||24 each|
|Apple onion compote (recipe provided)||6 cups|
|Arugula||14½ ounces (6 cups)|
To make one serving:
- Cook 1 Chicken Fillet on a hot grill for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F.
- Top Chicken Fillet with 3 slices Brie cheese while still on the grill; let stand 30 to 60 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Layer bottom roll with ¼ cup apple onion compote, Chicken fillet with Brie cheese and ¼ cup arugula. Replace roll top.
APPLE ONION COMPOTE
|Red apples, peeled, cored, ¼-inch dice||2½ pounds|
|Yellow onion, peeled, ¼-inch dice||1¾ cups|
|Butter, unsalted||¾ cup|
|Apple juice||3¼ cups|
|Granulated sugar||¾ cup|
Makes 6 cups:
- Sauté apples and onion in butter in a large skillet for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Add the apple juice, water, sugar, salt and pepper; bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low; cook for 20 minutes or until apples absorb the cooking liquid and compote is thickened.